maanantai 28. tammikuuta 2013

Chocolate here and there and everywhere! pt. 2

.... aaand we're back! How's it going guys?
Okay, so today the spotlight is on the chocolates we got from the festival. They were almost too beautiful to be eaten but hey, unfortunately this is my job. :P So let's see what we got first..

From top left: Giant marshmallow on pretzel stick, s'mores, rice crispy treat, a pile of marshmallows

All of these were pretty much some basic stuff. Not saying that they weren't delicious but the flavors just didn't give any wow- effect. I just really like the idea of putting different kind of treats on a stick.. or pretzel :D I'd say the s'mores was my favorite one out of these four. For some one who doesn't know what a s'mores is, let me explain.. There's marshmallow and chocolate squeezed between two cookies and, in this case, dipped into chocolate. Yup, I just found myself drooling over that thought. :P Let's move on..

This is a tricky one because I can't really remember what the flavors were on these ones. Therefore I'm trying my best to describe the flavor I tasted.

I didn't know what to expect from these because my poor memory so I nibbled a first bite from the purple macaroon. It turned out to be a very pleasant experience. The flavor was extremely delicate and I actually had to close my eyes to define the flavor. It was almost like some kind of flower. I'd say it's lavender but I might be wrong as well. Definitely my favorite one!
The there was the blue one. Don't let the pretty colors fool you! Now this one was a let down. The flavor was notably stronger. I'd definitely say that there was some sort of licorice in that filling. I'm not a licorice hater but nope, I did NOT enjoy this one at all. It was just too weird to be likable.

Black: Lava, blue: Vanilla bean, yellow: Piña colada, oranges: Peanutbutter & Jelly, brown: Champagne, green: Key Lime

These were definitely my favorite ones from all of the treats we got. They're like Gym Badges from Pokemon! Okay, let's start from the top.. That black diamond is called Lava. Pretty scary, huh? We were expecting some super spicy chocolate but it was a disappointment. It was basically just dark chocolate ganache covered with dark chocolate. Where's the chili man?! Oh well..
Then we have Vanilla Bean. OH. MY. GOD! This one just melted in your mouth and the vanilla flavor was so gentle that you just wanted to live the rest of your life in it! Definitely 12/10.
Next up there's Piña Colada which almost reaches to Vanilla Bean's level. The sweet and creamy coconut flavor just spreads in your mouth after you bite it and makes you want more. Vanilla Bean just happened to be super gentle so this one holds the solid second place.
PB & Jelly was alright. The lady who sold these to us told that it's going to be amazing but meh.. I think it was overrated and it tasted like Reese's peanut butter cups which I don't really enjoy that much. Although it was cool to see a different combination/filling in chocolate truffles.
We got a champagne truffle just so I could compare again. This one was pretty much the same one we had on Schakolad chocolates. The champagne in the ganache wasn't too strong and the milk chocolate covering it was just the best!
The last but not the least we have Key Lime. It tasted EXACTLY like my key lime pie! It was such a surprise when I got a bite and tasted something familiar but in the form of chocolate! Definitely on the third place on my list. :)
Overall these showed me how beautiful chocolate can actually be when you put some effort in them. Also the flavors have surprised and taught me that there's much more than just the basic flavors like caramel, mint and orange for example.

Push-up Red velvet Pop

This one here was like the king of all of the cupcakes. I fell in love with Red Velvet cupcakes back in Sweet! cupcakes. That was the first time I got to taste Red Velvet flavor and oh my goodness how I love it! I love the push-up idea in this and reminds me of the ice creams I had when I was little. I would actually prefere these over actual Red Velvet cupcakes since it's so much easier to eat it without having the icing all over your face! :D I bet kids go even crazier over these than me. Such a great idea! 10/10

Pretty little fortune cookies

Look at these!! Aren't these the cutest thing you've ever seen? Yea, I've totally fallen in love with fortune cookies while being here. I've never had one in my entire life until we went to Panda Express. People who have had a fortune cookie can agree that they're pretty simple but something in them just makes me adore them. When dipped in chocolate they only get better, I can tell you that. ;)

Blue ribbon winner by Sweet Tweets Cakery: Hazelnut praline cupcake

 This cupcake got a blue ribbon from some kind of competition so of course we had to get one. The cupcake itself was HUGE! A rich chocolate flavor muffin underneath a gorgeous chocolate cream icing. After taking a bite I understood why this cupcake won a blur ribbon. The sensation was pretty much the same when I tasted the Vanilla Bean truffle. You just wanted to clse your eyes and concentrate on the flavor with all of your senses. Thank you Sweet Tweets Cakery for baking such a delicious cupcake for us! 

Coco Fizz! Yup, it's chocolate soda

 Sunday's absolute star was a bottle of this Chocolate Soda. I saw some kids running around the festival with these bottles and all I could think of was: "Who gave beer to all of these kids?!" After closer inspection I realized I was awfully wrong and started to seek this weird drink from the counters. They had a huge box full of ice and dozens of Coco Fizz bottles in it so of course we had to get one. The idea of chocolate soda was something really absurd but once you got a sip, it wasn't even that bad. I'd say it was like chocolate milk with bubbles. I'm not best friends with sodas so one bottle was enough for me. What I learned from this? Don't be afraid something way too weird until you have tasted it. :)  

The best thing I bought from that festival

 Yes, I actually got something else that edibles from the festival. This book was for half price and definitely a treasure. There's a lot of stuff they don't really have in my other candy books and I bet this will help me a lot in the future. Even the recipes are already converted into grams and whatnot so I couldn't be happier! I guess you guys will see some of these candies on my blog eventually. ;)

The chocolate festival was absolutely a blast and I wish I could go back. Hopefully you guys enjoyed these as much as we did! I have already set a couple of day for the adventures in the future, like Cheesecake Factory and a baking supply store. Therefore I'm going to see you soon chicsters!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti